The company is one of the biggest laundry processors in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity to join a friendly, multicultural environment.
There are several departments where you could be assigned to :
- Sorting – working on a conveyor belt sorting sheets, pillows, towels, into designated baskets so they can be taken towards the washing machines
- Separating sheets, pillowcases and towels after they have been ironed & folded (all process is automated), working alongside a colleague in a team of two, feeding the machines that will perform the duties (training will be provided)
- Sorting end products/QC – after the products have been through the whole process , will come out the machines already folded and just need checking, separated and matched accordingly to their size (training will be provided)
- Final products will be folded, shrunk, wrapped and placed into trolleys so they can be delivered .
- Language knowledge is not relevant – the company would accept any nationality with any level of English language as they are a multinational , multicultural environment
- Due to the nature of the business and the body movements that are executed during a shift , you will experience some mild muscle pain that will fade in a week once you will get used to the movements .
- The roles require attention to detail, the ability to tell the difference between sizes and fabrics, good timekeeping, reliability and the availability to work between 44 and 60 hours a week (only if required from time to time)
- day shift: 06:00am-16:00pm
- night shift: 16:00pm -02:00am
- 45 hours/ week
- 5 days on 2 days off
- fixed shifts, the candidate will work 5 days in a row, shifts run 7 days a week and will keep the same shifts each week ((for example if you start on Wednesdays – Sundays, this is what you will stay on)
- £10/hour (day shift)
- £10.20/hour (night shift)
- a lot of overtime hours available (paid at flat rate)
- temp to perm opportunity after 18 weeks