The company is one of the biggest laundry processors in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity to join a friendly, multicultural environment.
There are several departments where you could be assigned to :
- Sorting – working on a conveyor belt sorting sheets, pillows, towels, into designated baskets so they can be taken towards the washing machines .
- Separating, ironing and folding (all automated) – working alongside a colleague feeding the machines that will perform the duties (training will be provided)
- Sorting end products/QC – after the products have been through the whole process , will come out the machines already folded and just need checking, separated and matched accordingly to their size (training will be provided)
- Final products will be folded, shrunk, wrapped and placed into trolleys so they can be delivered .
- Language knowledge is not relevant – the company would accept any nationality with any level of English language as they are a multinational , multicultural environment
- Due to the nature of the business and the body movements that are executed during a shift , you will experience some mild muscle pain that will fade in a week once you will get used to the movements .
- The roles require attention to detail, the ability to tell the difference between sizes and fabrics, good timekeeping, reliability and the availability to work between 44 and 60 hours a week
Shifts (you can choose one of the below):
- AM shift: 06:00 – 14:00 (Monday -Friday) or
- PM shift: 14:00 – 22:00 (Monday -Friday)
- 22:00 -06:00 (Sunday -Thursday)
- £10.50/hour (day shifts)
- £12.50 / hour (night shifts)
- attendance bonus of £50 each week if all 5 shifts are attended (attendance bonus applies to all shifts)
- All overtime hours are paid at flat rate
- overtime available (if targets are met)
- temp to perm opportunity (after 18 weeks you can be offered a permanent contract)