The company is one of the biggest laundry processors in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity to join a friendly, multicultural environment.
There are several departments where you could be assigned to :
- Sorting – working on a conveyor belt sorting sheets, pillows, towels, into designated baskets so they can be taken towards the washing machines .
- Separating, ironing and folding (all automated) – working alongside a colleague feeding the machines that will perform the duties (training will be provided)
- Sorting end products/QC – after the products have been through the whole process , will come out the machines already folded and just need checking, separated and matched accordingly to their size (training will be provided)
- Final products will be folded, shrunk, wrapped and placed into trolleys so they can be delivered .
- Language knowledge is not relevant – the company would accept any nationality with any level of English language as they are a multinational , multicultural environment
- Due to the nature of the business and the body movements that are executed during a shift , you will experience some mild muscle pain that will fade in a week once you will get used to the movements .
- The roles require attention to detail, the ability to tell the difference between sizes and fabrics, good timekeeping, reliability and the availability to work between 44 and 60 hours a week
- 06:00 – 18:00 (4 on 2 off)
- 55 hours / week
- 18:00 – 06:00 (3 on 3 off)
- Average 40 hours per week (one week you will do 36 hours and the next week you work 44 hours – this is because you will work 3 days one week and 4 the week after so average is 40 hours)
- £10.42 / h (day shift)
- £10.50 / h (night shift)
- *Overtime is paid at flat rate