This is an amazing opportunity to join a friendly environment.
As a care assistant, you will be responsible for looking after residents and deliver quality, person-centred care.
Our client provides comprehensive care for adults with Learning Disabilities, Challenging Behaviour, Physical Disabilities, Mental Health issues, Autism.
Your role will involve supporting adults with emotional, behavioural and learning difficulties.
You will be making a real difference in people’s lives by helping them with day-to-day operations including personal care and household duties.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting service users with their daily care needs and activities,
- Showing an understanding of their needs and issues while promoting and encouraging independence,
- Assisting service users with personal care and household activities where required,
- Supporting service with mobility and physical disabilities and assisting them in meal preparation, cleaning,
- Ensuring service users are actively involved in their community,
- Ensuring that each person’s care plan is followed and amended as appropriate to reflect their changing needs,
- Sharing with other staff personal needs of service users in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence,
- Reporting to the Registered Manager any significant changes in the health or circumstances of service users
- Complying with the homes guidelines policies and procedures at all times and ensuring that any potential hazards within the home are reported to the appropriate person immediately.
- Passion to help others and caring personality,
- Reliability and good organisational skills,
- Ability to work with people and decent communication skills,
- A passion to learn and willingness to work towards Health and Social Care qualifications,
- Full driving licence (desirable)
- English language is required at a conversational level
- Previous experience with Adults with Learning Disabilities / Challenging Behaviour / physical Disabilities / Mental Health is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
- All mandatory and induction training will be offered to successful candidates.
- Promotion opportunities
- We do not charge a commission for any of the services offered
- Transport assistance and support for relocation to/in Great Britain if required
- Legal employment contract from day 1
- Advice in obtaining the necessary documents for legal employment in Great Britain if required
- Assistance throughout the contract
- starts at £8.91 / h
- Shift work, full time hours (37.5h) + overtime available